Sunday, January 2, 2011

Lombardi Rules

One of the inspiring events of our trip to New York City was seeing the show "Lombardi".  I have been thinking about the show, and the man, and yesterday I received my "Success" magazine.  One of the featured articles was about Vince Lombardi, titled, Greatness beyond the grid Iron.  The article featured many of the Lombardi Rules.  Lombardi Rule: Act with purpose, I'm not better nor less than the next man. But I always knew what my acts would mean. I was lucky, and i found a singleness of purpose early on."  I think I will start this year, incorporating a few of the rules myself.  Lombardi Rule: Chase perfection. "if you settle for nothing less than your best, you will be amazed at what you can accomplish in your life."  Lombardi Rule: Don't just work harder than the next guy. Work harder than everybody else.  Lombardi believed that a persons character is made up of small, everyday decisions to do the right thing, as well as larger prevailing traits, such as respect, humility and responsibility. "Character is just another word for having a perfectly disciplined and educated will."  He brought five NFL championships to Green Bay in nine seasons.  While other coaches knew more about the x's and y's of the game, no one knew his player's psychology better than Lombardi.  He developed people, not players. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning SUCCESS Magazine. I'm the marketing manager for the magazine and I was wondering if you would mind putting a link back to our website www.successmagazine.com in your blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete